Sunday, March 4, 2012

Strictly Pancakes What-A-Spread!

Pancakes! I like pancakes! I think pancakes are some of the best things to eat in life. You can eat in so many variety! I love the McDonald's one a lot. They're so soft and delicious! Especially when I have them with the maple syrup and butter. I find this combo as my favourite.

I was recommended by a friend to come to Strictly Pancakes for my dessert project. I figured pancakes would be a nice dessert, but after some thought it is not a dessert. But I decided to go anyway as I already planned to have it.

It's about 5-10mins away from Dhoby Ghaut MRT station which is very convenient compared to Rider's Cafe. It's not what I had expected when I saw the shop. I thought that it would be in a mall but instead, it's like those shop houses that are divided into 2. Small but it looked chic! Love the look!

A quick tip; call to reserve. There were no seats available inside when I got there. Thankfully, there were seats available outside. It wasn't so cozy outside as they used metallic tables and chairs you find most often when you dine outside a cafe which I find don't fancy but it's better than to wait when you're already hungry. I had What-A-Spread! from the Sweet menu. They have a few other dishes which I would like to try when I drop by again in the future.

What I got for my order was 3 pancakes, smeared with custard, 2 Kinder Bueno and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. In between the pancakes were nutella spread. Yummy! But the menu also included peanut butter. There was no sight of any peanut butter. Didn't matter much to me so I started eating it. Then I realised where the peanut butter was after I had my first bite. It was inside the pancake! I was surprised! I never thought that you could put any fillings inside. This is one experience I'll never forget.

Service was good. There were only 3(not including cooks) of them serving the other 40 plus people that were dining there. They were very efficient at what they were doing even though there were a lot of customers to handle. Hats of to them for being hardworking and still keep their composure.

It was definitely a main course instead of a dessert. Three pancakes is all I need to keep stomach full. With the help of some chocolate, peanut butter and water of course. I really enjoyed eating the pancakes and would definitely want to try their plain ones with maple and butter. I would definitely recommend anyone who want's something different as their main course. Do a reservation. It'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment