Thursday, March 15, 2012

Filled with activities!

The week has been great! So many things happened and I feel so blessed. My cousin got married, I went to Transformers Cybertron Convention at Resort's World Sentosa and I participated in Sentosa's first Community Resilience Day. At all these events, I had my camera snapping away.

At my cousin's wedding, I was taking photos of almost everyone I knew and other stuff. Finding the light and how to work out the best possible setting when the bride and groom came. I find it very fun. Snapping away and simply having fun. The bride was my cousin and she's only 23 years this year. I was thinking to myself, I finished my National Service at that age! I can't see myself married soon but I already have a dream to be married with 3 kids when I turn 34. Too soon to say now right?

Went to see Transformers Cybertron Convention at Resort's World Sentosa after work on Monday! I've never seen so many Transformers toys in my whole life! I think they displayed all the Transformers' toys that were ever made. It was so cool! My favourite was Decepticon Construction Devastator from Return Of The Fallen! I just love those that combine to be come one kick ass Transformer. Taking photos in the convention centre was tough as the toys are encased in glass and the convention hall lights were horrible. There would be glare on the glass when I look through the viewfinder. But that didn't stop me from taking photos. I just had to find the right angle to get a good picture and I did just that. Got myself 2 tees from the convention. One white and one black. I was quite happy when I bought it but not till I tried it on at home. I bought L size for both and it felt a little too big. I was really upset at myself for not trying the size before I tried it. I did try the M size but I wore it over a polo tee which made the M size feel small and made me decide to go for the L size. The worst part was that some of my favorite designs were still in stock in M and not L. I beat myself up quite badly that night until I decided to sleep it off. It was such a horrible feeling as the tees weren't cheap. I told myself to not think about it too much and just continue living. It's just a few dollars and everyone has made a wrong buy before. I just need to remember that I have bought good buys too. I have to be grateful. And being grateful will make life so much easier and bearable. Don't you think so?

Sentosa had it's first Community Resilience Day last Tuesday and I was a volunteer photographer for the event. Since I'm a member of Sentosa's Photo Group, I was more than happy to do it! I learned a lot and need to learn a lot more from this event from a photography standpoint. I took about 260 shots and maybe less than half were usable. But I discovered some gems from all that photos. It's not a perfect picture but it was definitely a gem in my mind and those photos will be treasure in the future. What I need to do now is to learn more is how to get better pictures with very little and dim lightings using an external flash.

About the event itself, in my humble opinion, Sentosa was probably wanted to practice evacuation from Songs of The Sea. It was a smoothly coordinated event from where I could see it. Started at 6pm but there wasn't anyone but the staff only. Friends and families only came from 6.30pm onwards and the Songs of The Sea would only start at 8.40pm. What I love about the event was the cotton candy! It was just so pretty and nice and sweet! Met some of the other staff from the other departments whom I know and we had a little catching up.

It's been an exciting week and it's not over yet. I hope there will be more fun stuff coming up in the coming week to have more opportunity to shoot! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment