Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chocolate Fantasy, Durian on durian paste with pomelo and almond paste


I had a feast of desserts this time. 3 at a time! I had these at Dessert First along Liang Seah Street at Bugis last Saturday. This shop was recommended me by a very good friend of mine and his recommendation was not a disappointment.

I didn't know what I was expecting when he guided me to the shop. There are so many kinds of desserts right? The shop looked like those olden days Chinese stall but on modern day facilities. But actually it's just like any other shop. I saw a picture of a shaved ice strawberry on the pillar outside the shop and that reminded my that it's one of those Chinese dessert shops. I like these kind of desserts. They make me happy.

There was a lot on the menu. The menu is already placed on the table laminated so you don't have to ask for any and they'll just give you a piece of paper with some lines and you write your orders on it. We ordered chocolate fantasy, durian on durian paste with pomelo and almond paste.

All 3 orders came to our table at the same time and I was ready to plunge into all of them! The chocolate fantasy was shaved chocolate ice with some koko krunch and probably some sprinkle of Milo. I loved the taste and texture of this dessert. It's cold and chocolatey! Very simple and I liked it a lot! The almond paste was nice. It was warm and has a very nice texture. I think most almond paste desserts are almost similar so if you've tried it somewhere before, you know how it is. The durian on durian paste with pomelo was simply bliss. I could not explain how it tasted when I took my first bite. All I can show to my friend when he asked me how it was was with a very happy smile. He then took his first bite and he understood why. If you eat durians, you must try this before you die! The texture is so nice! The durian flavor is simply delicious while the pomelo does give some nice added texture to the whole experience.

I enjoyed all 3 desserts that day. I would go back to the shop and eat the same thing again, but with more friends to share the good food. Highly recommended when you're in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment