Sunday, March 18, 2012

Do good and anger disappear

Have you ever been down or angry for some reason or even for reasons you could not understand why? I've been in both situations before. It seems very difficult for us to get logic into our head at that point of distress. Like when you have 2 big basket of laundry to hang dry and your little sister just sits less than 2 meters away while she sings along to some KPOP on YouTube on her laptop. She seems oblivious of what's happening.

Do good and anger disappear. I just figured this out 2 days ago when I was taking a cab home after midnight. I took a cab because I missed my bus stop as I was busy watching YouTube on my iPhone. How it happened was I was at Tanjong Pagar and it was 11.20pm. I planned to take a direct bus home from Outram MRT which is one train stop away from Tanjong Pagar MRT. I was irritated at myself when I took the train and went the other direction to City Hall instead. Then I remembered there's a direct bus home too so I told myself that it wasn't so bad after all.

I was suppose to take bus 700A from the nearby bus stop from City Hall MRT. I waited for about 10 minutes and the bus hasn't arrived. It was 11.35pm and that means the last buses from most bus interchange are on their journey. I started to get anxious. Then the bus 171 came. This bus stops near my place so I hopped on as I did not want to take the chance that 700A was on the way. I wasn't familiar with the bus route at all, just that it stops at where I mostly alight when I take buses home. Thinking that it would take some time to reach my stop, I played some YouTube on my iPhone.

When I looked around to see where I was after some videos, I saw no familiar places. I looked at my watch and it was past midnight. Has the bus passed my neighbourhood? I began to panic, a little. I decided then to just let the bus stop at Yishun bus interchange and I'll take a cab home from there. And I did just that.

I was so angry at myself for what just happened! It was supposed to be quick trip home but instead, it took a longer time and an expensive one too. While I was in the cab, it occurred to me that I was being stupid. Shit happens, I told myself. I asked myself how I can get this anger out of me before I reached home. Then I remember once that I was quite down and really had no mood to talk to anyone while at work. But I decided to do some good hoping that my mood would turn for the better and it did! While in the cab, I decided to let the cab driver to keep the change and I did just that when I alighted. Guess what? I did feel better. I did some good and most of my anger disappeared.

I don't think I've discovered a miracle or something and you guys would probably have your own almost similar experiences. I hope this experience of mine can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment