Sunday, May 8, 2011

Motivation

I need motivation. Most of the time, seriously. Like what Zig Ziglar said "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." I absolutely agree with him today.

Today was dekiting for those called up for the General Elections deployment. Nothing major about the dekiting day itself. Yesterday, I was deployed at Block 53 Teban Gardens for the GE. It was one of the many polling stations that was set up for the GE throughout the island. There were 5 of us deployed. We were to take over from the previous shift when we arrived at the location. I figured that it would be a long and very boring day like most deployments where we have to stand or patrol around to keep law and order. Surprisingly, my former Malay teacher, Madam Asnida, from Commonwealth Secondary School was one of the presiding officer where I was deployed. I can't remember the last time I spoke to her in person. She's a very passionate at what she's doing from what I know. She's from the media background before she started teaching. She does media productions with her husband and joins competition for the school. It was great meeting her that day. I did chat with some other presiding officers as well which helped to hasten the time I was there. Not a long and boring day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment