Thursday, February 23, 2012

WaveHouse Sentosa Chocolate Lava Cake



This is the 3rd dessert for my 30 days dessert project. This time I dined in WaveHouse Sentosa.

When I saw the menu, I expected quite a large portion of cake. Not like the whole cake but like how a slice of cake would look like. I was very surprised to discovered when the order came.

The dish consists of the lava cake itself topped with small strips of dried red chilli skins, a vanilla ice cream and mixed sliced citrus fruits. And not forgetting a zesty sauce(is that what you call it?) spread over the plate.

It may look small but it has flavors. The chocolate cake is just delicious! The moment you tear open the cake with your fork, you could see the melted chocolate oozing out from the core. As you take the first bite form the cake, you can feel that it's warm and the cake just crumbles softly in your mouth and the flavor spreads around the walls almost evenly. Yum..

The citrus salsa helps to add more flavor and color into the dish. I don't understand why this is included but the more ingredients the better(for this this that is). Maybe I'll ask the chef why the citrus salsa and update this section.

The vanilla ice cream. Nothing really special about vanilla ice cream right? But in this case, it is essential in this dish. The ice cream helps to clear your mouth from that chocolatey taste thus allowing you to gorge deeper into the lava cake. It doesn't really clears you mouth but it gives your taste buds a bhat creak from all thocolate. It's best to take a bite when the ice cream is still cold, if you scoop up the melted part, it's just milk. Tip: two bite cake and one bite ice cream or however you like it. Note: there's some crumbs below the ice cream which I have yet to figure out what it is. I'll ask the chef.

Now for the zesty sauce. All I know it's zesty like mango plus orange together. I've no idea where this fills in the dish and maybe it's time for me to know more about such complicated food.

To sum it up, it's a very nice dessert. If you like chocolate, you'll like this. Looks simple but I suppose there's a way to eat this properly like knowing what the sauce and citrus salsa is for. It goes for SGD$10.50 but it's SGD$12.30 after GST. Buy it on Wednesdays where everything including the rides in WaveHouse Sentosa is buy 1 get 1 free except for Billabong retail products.

No comments:

Post a Comment