Friday, September 9, 2011

You and I

Lady GaGa's -You and I- song is currently playing on repeat on my iPod, iPhone, iTunes, YouTube and in my head today :)

I can actually say that there's some good stuff that happened to me since the my last entry. Well, actually there's always something good that happened in between entries right? Silly me. Anyway, I got myself a new Philips 24inch LED monitor for my dual monitor setup.













It's not a difficult to setup at all. I just needed to buy an adapter for my MacBook to connect to the DVI cable from the monitor. Any TomDickHarry could do it. As for Windows laptop, you can connect straight right to your laptop without any adapters. It's definitely bigger compared to my 15inch MacBook Pro screen. The new monitor is good for watching videos and for multitasking. More workspace and more fun!

A few years ago, a friend of mine brought me to a shop that sells US military products(no guns FYI) like bag packs and few other military standard equipments. They are not cheap but I believe that they are at least long lasting and durable. I did not buy anything the first time around. The second time, I bought another friend of mine to the shop and he spotted a zip lock bag that cost $5 per piece. It was definitely expensive. Both of us bought a piece each. Why I bought it was because it felt like it was very good quality and "Tested and approved by the Navy Experimental Division Unit" as stated on the bag itself. I do cannot recall what I used it for then but I remember using it to put my books inside to keep it from getting wet and damaged(wear and tear) when I put it in my bag. It worked wonderfully! I loved it! But I lost it twice. I bought it again when I lost it the first time around. I did not buy again as I was not reading as often as I did. Since recently which I started reading again, I went back to where the shop was and found out that it had been relocated. I don't remember where it was but I could show you how to get there.














About 2 months back, somewhere along my conversation with Ray at work one day lead to the zip lock bag that I was looking for. He told me Say Qi knew where the current shop location was. I was thrilled! When I asked Say Qi, he told me that it's relocated at Little India but he couldn't remember where it is actually.

Yesterday, Say Qi and I went to Little India to search for the shop. It was not difficult to find the shop actually. It was just on opposite the road where we exited from the train station. If I had went alone before yesterday, I would not expect the shop to be there. It's not at Little India itself, it's on the same side as Sim Lim Square. I was very happy when I found the shop with Say Qi. They still sell the zip lock bag! But it comes in different sizes but it is sold in a few pieces. The one that I wanted came in 3 pieces for $12. It's cheaper per piece even though I have to buy 3. Say Qi and I bought 1 set each. Now my books are protected.

I've booked my tickets for the Broadway Musical WICKED! Yeah! I'm excited as I type this part of the entry :)

I have started running again ever since Hari Raya. I just went for a run earlier tonight and it was good. I was not going fast or going for the distance but more into enjoying the run. It probably lasted for about 30mins but I felt good. When I could not run when I got the shin splint a few months ago, it was a bitter pill to swallow but I hope this time it won't occur again. Some said that the cause of that injury was due to my shoes. Well, I got myself a new running shoe and I hope it will do me more good than harm.

I was down with a minor flu this week and I'm getting better. Earlier, when I was just browsing the channels on the TV, I saw 2 Panadol's advertisement-FluMax and SinusMax. I suppose Panadol knows that there's a lot of sick people out there and they're advertising their products at the right time. Good marketing strategy Panadol!

It's getting late. I'm off to bed now. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment