Wednesday, April 11, 2012

feeling foolish

There I was waiting for the bus at the interchange to get home. It's like any other day. I was plugged in with my Bose headphones listening to some great music from my iPod nano and trying to reload twitter on my iPhone. I realize that reception at Seah Im is terrible for me. But I was bored, so it helps.

As the bus captain came and where we start boarding the bus, I saw a friend was in the queue as well. Great! Now I have a friend to talk to. Or so I thought. I was more of the listening one by the end of the journey.

I learned so much from just listening to her. Before she started her actual subject, I was actually happy with myself. She had questions that had my melancholy side thinking. She had so much problems and I was thinking to myself, what if I were in her shoes. What she told me was probably a common problem but in a different setting. I damned myself while walking back home for even telling her whatever I said even though I probably spoke less than 100 words. I should have just listened and nod. And maybe probe questions to find out more. But what can I do right? I'm not at her position. To think of it, I should be grateful that I'm not at all.

I questioned myself, what has all that teaching in those books that I have read taught me?

I suppose it's not the best time to answer this question when my emotions are slightly out of control. Compose myself and think about the answer when I'm more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment